Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kitchen progress

Well, it's been nearly 3 weeks since I took the first cabinet door off its hinges and put it into a pile to be painted.  Since that time, we have primed and painted the face of the cabinets, primed and painted doors white, primed and painted doors green, removed the last remaining pink countertops and installed a sink.  Not too shabby for 2 amateurs.  I am especially proud of my husband's work with the sink-he refigured the pipes for the new sink and installed a new garbage disposal!  Impressive.  Here is some evidence:

First, let's take a look at where the kitchen started, way back in 2007:


Now, this is how it looked earlier this year:


















This is how it looked a few weeks ago when we started taking the doors off and priming:


I wish I were better at posting during this process, but the work has been overwhelming to say the least.  Trying to get all this done while still feeding my family, managing all the activities of 3 active kids, my husband and me, plus a big freelance project has left me no time to keep this blog current.  I hope these photos will do for now.  Here is what it looked like at the priming stage:


Once the pink laminate countertops were removed, things improved significantly. 


Today, I am finishing up the painting of the cabinets-more photos to follow. There are too many for one post at this point.   

No comments: